Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fresh air

This is my area. I would shuffle bundles of rods around with the forklift and bring them to the production room to stamp. I would then use the crane to place the bundle next to the machines  and have stock ready for the next shift. The red garage door at the end of the stock room was my fresh air. I spent much of my time staring at the sun fall and the moon rise.  This is also where I would load trucks with skids of parts I would always have my headphones on and I would need to recharge during lunch every day. I used my phone to apply for jobs and work on my resume.  As long as I finished my job no one said a word to me... they were glad to have someone who showed up on time and had the drivers license required to obtain a lift truck permit.  I was told by my supervisor on the day I hired in to " just be a ghost." 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment