Friday, October 7, 2011

More trapped in time 2nd floor


I can play a mean version of the intro to Pink Floyd's "money" on these two adding machines. I can just Imagine some accountant in the 50's... sure let me just get out my calculator. THUD.clang clang clang clang clang..








The stage in the old auditorium....there is too much dust in the air to jam out for the ghosts of industries past though











The first time I saw this it changed how I see this place...It used to be a mecca... they have their own fire truck(coming soon) their own clinic, 1500 lockers... This was a booming metropolis of the rise of the industrial age....One of the major factories making Detroit into the motor city.





A few broken windows allow for a break in the still air but also allows the rain to get in ...and grow something


It seems they left quick... boots and all. Everything from the time the GM plant closed down in the 80's













It seems cleaner because of the flash...this bathroom hasn't been used in decades. The tile work is pefect ...toilets, sinks, urinals... all blue.  The musty smell here is unique.

This is where superman smokes his crack

No comments:

Post a Comment